These Gluten Free Slowcooker Turkey Mole Tacos make an easy weeknight meal!
I don’t know about you, but the holidays get busy at our house. You just take the normal business and add extra shopping trips, extra baking, and extra family time. It’s nuts!
I even had time to make cookies and play with my daughter. Isn’t that what the holidays are about? Good food, family, and friends.
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs. gluten free chili powder
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. red chile powder
- 1 Tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. salt, or more to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 turkey breast, boneless and skinless
- 18 corn tortillas, warmed
- 5 green onions, chopped for garnish
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Pour all the slow cooker ingredients into the slowcooker and mix to combine. Add the turkey and turn to coat it in the sauce.
- Cover and cook in the slowcooker on low for 8 hours (or approx. 4 hours on high.)
- Just before serving time shred the turkey with 2 forks and stir with the sauce so that it is all coated evenly.
- Warm your corn tortillas (I heat my directly over the flame on my gas stove so that I get a nice char. If you do that just be careful to not catch the kitchen on fire.)
- Serve the Turkey Mole with the corn tortillas, chopped green onions, and avocado(optional.)