Vegan Snickerdoodle Blondie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a sweet way to beat the heat. Creamy vegan snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiched between sweet cinnamon blondies.
I know, I just shared an ice cream sandwich with you. But it is summer, and this is a recipe I have been wanting to create for ages. And it is perfect for Go Dairy Free’s #FrozenFridays recipe challenge.
My absolute favorite SoDelicious Frozen Dessert flavor is Snickerdoodle. Why? I love the hint of cinnamon, the chunks of Snickerdoodle cookie dough, and it is indulgently creamy. Also, snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies.
I was trying to think what would be the best creation to highlight everything that this flavor has to offer. Once my mind wandered to blondies I couldn’t shake the thought. I adapted my Gluten Free Blondie Praline Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches to be dairy-free and added a healthy pinch of cinnamon. Mmmmm….I love cinnamon.
Blondies have always been one of my favorite bar cookies. When I was a little girl I remember making a batch of blondies and baking them in my mom’s 9×13 glass baking pan. When they were still warm we sprinkled chocolate chips on top, then spread them smooth when they melted. I remember my dad arguing with me early one morning why it was ok for him to have a blondie for breakfast, and why I couldn’t. Now I get it.
Now I get it.
Chewy cinnamon blondies filled with creamy snickerdoodle dairy-free frozen dessert, studded with chunks of snickerdoodle cookie dough. The one thing that I think would have made this recipe even better would have been a healthy drizzle of vegan cinnamon caramel sauce. But then I would have needed a fork to eat them.
A fork just won’t do for a summer-y hand-held dessert like these vegan ice cream sandwiches. So there is no indulgent waterfall of caramel. Which is fine by me, these bars are plenty indulgent on their own.
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- vegan egg substitute equivalent to one egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already has it.)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-pint SoDelicious Snickerdoodle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, or with heavy duty electric beaters cream together the palm shortening and brown sugar. Add the egg substitute and cream until smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan. It is a little sticky, but be patient.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the blondies are golden and are slightly set (they will still be soft, but will set up more as they cool.)
- Let cool completely, and then flip your blondies over onto a clean sheet of parchment paper and cut in half.
one half(right side down) with the Snickerdoodle Frozen Dessert. Top it with the other half of the blondies.
- Tightly wrap the ice cream bars in foil or parchment paper and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours (3 or 4 will make it easier to handle.)
- Once the ice cream is firm, cut the blondies into squares and enjoy