Gluten Free Bang Bang Shrimp (Copycat Bonefish Grill recipe)
Serves: serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 lb medium sized shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or other dairy free milk, or dairy milk)
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- green onions, for garnish
- Mix the gluten free bread crumbs, parsley, and cayenne together and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Generously season the cornstarch with salt and pepper and toss the shrimp in it.
- Dip each shrimp into the coconut (or other) milk and then immediately dip in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Set aside on a clean surface (I used a baking sheet lined with parchment paper) until ready to fry.
- Heat several inches of oil to 350F, while monitoring it closely.
- Fry the shrimp until golden brown, working in small batches. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Approx 5 minutes for each batch. I put 3-5 shrimp in each batch to be careful to not overcrowd my dutch oven.
- For best results let the oil regain a little heat for a moment in between batches.
- To serve toss the finished shrimp with the sauce, or drizzle it over the top of them. Garnish with green onions.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
Recipe by Flippin' Delicious at http://flippindelicious.com/2016/01/gluten-free-bang-bang-shrimp-copycat-bonefish-grill.html