If you have ever read my blog you probably know that I LOVE sweets. I kind of have a problem with them. It is not uncommon for me to eat an entire pan of brownies over the course of a day or 2. Sugar and carbs really are an addiction, they change your brain!
In a post last week I talked about how I was doing the Keto diet. I haven’t had any sugar for 17 days now. (and I’ve lost 14 lbs!) But that doesn’t mean I haven’t had any dessert. Now I don’t crave it the same way I always have. But I still do enjoy a sweet treat every once in a while. You have to be a little creative to come up with a dessert while doing keto, but it is still possible.
Cheesecake was a natural option for me, cream cheese is pretty low carb, then you add eggs, milk, and a little sweetener (stevia keeps it natural.) It really was easy to put together and I even portioned my cheesecakes out so that I wouldn’t accidentally eat it all in one sitting.
I melted a square of Lindt 90% chocolate and drizzled that on the top (1 square gave 3 mini cheesecakes a little drizzle) but you don’t have to do that. These creamy little bites are just fine the way they are. (I just love chocolate!)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2-1 tsp (to taste) Sweat Leaf Stevia
- I feel that Stevia sweetness varies a lot between brands. Just use what you have and sweeten it to taste. It can get way to sweet really fast so add it just a little at a time.