Gluten-free soft sugar cookies with a sweet and creamy eggnog frosting.
Happy Christmas Eve!
Today is a busy day, but I couldn’t not share these sweet cookies with you.
So yummy! Enjoy!
- 1 recipe my gluten-free sugar cookie dough
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons egg nog
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners.
- Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets using a 1½ tablespoon scoop. Flatten the cookies using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies just start to turn golden on the bottom. They will still be soft so let them cool for a bit before moving them to a cooling rack.
- For the frosting beat the softened butter in a stand mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, eggnog and nutmeg and beat at low speed until combined. Then beat it at a higher speed for 5 minutes.
- Frost the cooled cookies. I used a piping bag because that is easiest for me.