Creamy peanut butter filling in a crunchy gluten-free chocolate cookie crust, this gluten-free peanut butter pie recipe has been a family favorite for years. With a dollop of whipped cream on top, it is perfection!
Happy Pi Day!
What is Pi Day, you ask? Pi (π) =3.14159265359. Today's date is 3/14/15 and it is 9:26 a.m. (and if you want to get really nerdy 53:59 seconds)
This won't happen for another thousand years!
This makes today a day all about Pi, π, and PIE!
I wanted to celebrate this Epic Pi day with lot epic gluten-free pies. From some of my bestest gluten-free blogging friends.
Grain Free White Chocolate Matcha Pie from The Joyful Foodie
Gluten-Free Coconut Cream Pie from What the Fork Food Blog
Gluten-Free Lemon Meringue from Gluten-Free Mama
Deep Dish Gluten-Free Apple Pie from Raia's Recipes
Gluten-Free Pink Lemonade Pie from The Baking Beauties
Gluten-Free Chocolate Bar Pie from There is Life After Wheat
Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Pop Tarts from Allergy Free Alaska
One of my favorite pies of all time is this Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Pie. It is so rich and creamy, and I love the crunchy cookie crust.
I love peanut butter. Reese's are my favorite candy, because peanut butter. I always put peanut butter on my ice cream. Peanut butter cookies, especially monster cookies... I just love the stuff!
My family started making this peanut butter pie when I was a little girl. My dad loved peanut butter just as much as I do now, so it was an instant hit and has since been a family favorite. Now we make this gluten-free recipe and it is on our Thanksgiving table every single year. Most years we make 2 of them to ensure that there will be leftovers.
I love that this pie is virtually no bake (you bake the crust for just 10 minutes, but other than that it is no-bake.) It is so easy to make, and it is so rich. Once it chills longer it sets up quite firm. I couldn't wait for it to set before taking these pictures though. So just know, if you chills overnight it will be set up a lot more. Just let it chill for an hour or so if you want it soft like mine was.
For the Crust
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free chocolate cookie crumbs (I used most of a package of gf oreo-style cookies, minus the cream filling. I used great value brand this time, but there are lots of brands now.)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into a 9" pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes and then cool.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft-medium peaks. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Gently spoon the filling into the cooled crust and refrigerate until set.
Garnish with lightly sweetened whipped cream, or more gluten-free cookie crumbs.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 614Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 81mgSodium 360mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 35gProtein 10g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.
Today is a day for lots of pie, not just my peanut butter pie. Hop on over to some of my friend's blogs and see their Pi day Pies!
Linked up at Gluten-Free Wednesday
Linked up at Tasty Tuesday
Linked up at Inspiration Thursday
Linked up at Fantastic Friday