The Gluten Free Blondie Praline Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich recipe starts off with thin layers of chewy, buttery gluten free blondies, studded with pecans. When you add the creamy pumpkin ice cream it just gets better! Perfect for a unique post-Thanksgiving-feast sweet treat. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHoliday #CollectiveBias
There is no season that ice cream shouldn’t be a part of.
I know many balk at the idea of eating icy spoonfuls of the sweet and creamy treat except during the hot months of the summer. I never got that. I love to eat ice cream all year round. I don’t care if it is 15 degrees outside, give me a scoop or two!
There are so many ways that you can use seasonal flavors of ice cream during the winter months. Like this Gluten Free Blondie Praline Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich recipe. What pairs better with a chewy, buttery, brown sugar filled blondie than pumpkin ice cream? Especially if that blondie is loaded with toasted pecans! I think it is a match made in heaven.
Wouldn’t these gluten free blondie ice cream sandwiches be a fun treat to make for Thanksgiving? I love pie, don’t get me wrong. Each year we make more pies than there are people. I just think it’d be fun to try something a little more unique this year. Plus, you could make them a week or more in advance and just keep them frozen in a tightly sealed container. Then just pull them out on Thanksgiving Day after you have had your fill of turkey. One less thing you have to do on the busy holiday, freeing up more of your time to spend with your family and friends.
Also, these ice cream sandwiches are basically like chess pie al a mode. You’ve got all the buttery, brown sugary goodness that a chess pie brings, but in a portable cool and creamy treat.
Even if you don’t serve ice cream sandwiches as a part of your turkey day feast, don’t forget to pick up some ice cream for those pies. Warm pumpkin pie with a scoop of Dryer’s Pumpkin Ice Cream …doesn’t that sound amazing!
Gluten Free Blondie Praline Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich recipe starts off with thin layers of chewy, buttery gluten free blondies, studded with pecans. When you add the creamy pumpkin ice cream it just gets better! Perfect for a unique post-Thanksgiving-feast sweet treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (like mygluten-free cake flour blend
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if using regular ap flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, divided
- 1/2 carton DRYER’S® Pumpkin Ice Cream, softened
- caramel sauce for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet/ jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, or with heavy duty electric beaters cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and cream until smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Once the batter is smooth stir in 1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan. It is a little sticky, but be patient.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the blondies are golden and are slightly set (they will still be soft, but will set up more as they cool.)
- Let cool completely, and then flip your blondies over onto a clean sheet of parchment paper and cut in half.
- Spread one half (right side down) with the DRYER’S® Pumpkin Ice Cream, sprinkle with the remaining pecans, and then flip the other half on top of it (right side up.)
- Tightly wrap in foil or parchment paper and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours (3 or 4 will make it easier to handle.)
- Once the ice cream is firm, cut the blondies into squares.
If you opt for the caramel sauce I'd suggest serving your sandwiches in a bowl and eating them with a spoon or fork. Totally worth it!
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 44mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 4g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.
I found my Dryer’s Pumpkin Ice Cream at Walmart in the novelty ice cream section. Walmart really is a one-stop-shop, which is great during the already busy holidays.
Get inspired scrolling through the recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board. What new recipe are you going to try this holiday?
Linked up at Gluten-Free Recipe Fix Thanksgiving Edition,