With these Gluten Free Funfetti Brookies you don’t have to pick between cookies or brownies! Finished off with some creamy fudge frosting and more sprinkles these are the perfect dessert to bring to any spring celebration or potluck!
Brownies? Or cookies? I always have a hard time deciding between the two. It really depends on my mood.
I had seen brookies online, but hadn’t made them before. When I saw Pillsbury’s Gluten Free Funfetti Sugar Cookie and Gluten Free Brownie Mixes at Walmart I knew that the time for brookies had come.
You already know that I LOVE Pillsbury’s Gluten-Free Funfetti Cake Mix. If you haven’t already made my gluten free funfetti cupcakes with cake batter frosting be sure to check out the recipe. The gluten free funfetti sugar cookie and gluten free brownie mixes did not disappoint either. I love being able to easily find such affordable mixes now! It gives me more time to spend with my kiddos.
These gluten free funfetti brookies really are the best of both worlds. No “the grass is greener on the other side” nonsense around here.
Baking gluten free funfetti brookies is soooo easy with Pillsbury’s mixes (I found mine at walmart. Prepare the gluten free brownie mix according to the package directions, top it with the gluten free funfetti cookie mix (also prepared according to the package directions) and then bake!
I used a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper instead of the 8×8 pan you would use for just brownies. I found that with the brownie and cookie dough together in an 8×8 pan made brookies that were so thick I couldn’t get them baked through without turned the top far too brown. Using a 9×13 pan they turned out perfectly!
The fudge frosting just brings the gluten free funfetti brookies to the next level of awesome-sauce. Or should I say awesome-frosting?
I still had a little gluten free cake batter frosting left that somehow my spoon hadn’t found yet so some of the gluten free funfetti brookies got the cake batter treatment too!
I love that all of Pillsbury’s frostings are gluten free. It is even better that some of them come with sprinkles! I might have an entire drawer devoted to sprinkles, but I always want more. And for those you you non-sprinkle-hoarders the Funfetti frostings are sure to come in handy.
Of course Miss E had to help me put the sprinkles on top. That is her 2nd favorite part of helping me in the kitchen.
Her favorite part? Eating them!
Bonus, the gluten free funfetti cookie mix doesn’t have any dairy in it, so if you have problems with dairy just use your favorite dairy-free butter substitute and you can share funfetti sugar cookies with your whole family.
- 1 Pillsbury Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix plus the ingredients to prepare it according to the package directions
- 1 Pillsbury Gluten Free Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix plus the ingredients to prepare it according to the package directions
- 1 can Pillsbury Confetti Funfetti Fudge Frosting
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the package directions. Spread the brownie batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Prepare the
funfettisugar cookie dough according to the package directions. Press the dough out flat between your hands before placing it on top of the brownie batter in the pan to form an even layer of cookie dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean and the brookies no longer “jiggle” if you shake the pan.
- Cool and then frost with fudge frosting (or my gluten free cake batter frosting) as desired. Don’t forget the sprinkles!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.