With frosting or without, gluten free candy corn sugar cookies are a fun and festive gluten free Halloween sugar cookie!
Gluten Free Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
I love candy corn.
I know that not everyone does, I know people who hate it! But I love candy corn.
I thought it would be really fun to put candy corn into gluten free sugar cookies. I even cut the sugar cookies into the shape of candy corn.
I ended up with these delicious gluten free candy corn sugar cookies studded with candy corns.
How to make candy corn shaped sugar cookies without a cookie cutter.
How to make gluten free candy corn sugar cookies?
- For easy and less-mess rolling, roll out your gluten free sugar cookie dough between two pieces of plastic wrap. Then you don’t have to add more gluten free flour, which could make your gluten free candy corn sugar cookies dry or crumbly.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat! Any candy corn on the bottom of the cookie, or near the edges, will melt and pool on your cookie sheet. If you don’t line your pan, you’ll have a big mess on your hands. (Cut any melted candy corn off of the cookies using a butter knife.)
Is candy corn gluten free?
- 4 ounces (1/2cup) butter, softened
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 ounces (3 ¼ cups) my gluten free cookie/cake flour blend
- 1/2 cup gluten free candy corn, coarsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together on low-medium speed. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, and vanilla extract. Then add my gluten-free cookie/cake flour blend and mix until combined.
- Add the candy corn and mix until evenly ditributed
- Roll the cookie dough between two sheets of plastic wrap about 1/4- 1/2 inch thick and then cut into a rectangle that is about 3.5 inches on the shorter side. Cut into acute triangles. It will look like a bunch of right-side-up and up-side-down candy corn put together like a puzzle piece. Reroll and scraps and repeat.
- Place cookies on a parchment paper or silicone baking sheet on a baking sheet
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes. They will still be soft but the edges will just start to look dry, and the bottom of the cookie will just be starting to brown. They won’t look done. If they look done, they are over-baked and may be burnt on the bottom. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet, and then remove to a cooling rack.
- If desired, frost with my vegan buttercream frosting or american buttercream frosting.
Be sure to use gluten free candy corn. Not all candy corn is safe for those with celiac! I've mentioned some gluten frre candy corn in the article above.
- Yum Earth Organic Candy Corn 12 oz/ 24 count
- Happy Candy Candy Corn - Gluten Free, Fat Free, Dairy Free - Resealable Pouch (1 Pound)
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, Gourmet Candy Corn, 1 Pound
- Brach's Natural Sources Candy Corn, 11 Ounce (Pack of 4)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.