Sweet and creamy white chocolate and dark crunchy cacao nibs come together into this stracciatella bark recipe. The white chocolate and cacao nibs contrast and perfectly compliment each other.
My husband lived in Germany for 2 years which is where he first had stracciatella gelato. It was amazing! He just talks and talks about how delicious is was. Basically stracciatella gelato is chocolate chip, but just so well executed. Creamy, smooth, sweet gelato with dark crunchy bits of chocolate.
When we were first married I saw some stracciatella truffles and bought them for his Christmas stocking. They had a creamy white chocolate center coated in white chocolate with cacao nibs. They instantly became a favorite.
This stracciatella bark takes all the flavors and textures of those sumptuous truffles and famous gelato but it is SO easy to make. No bake, you don’t even need a stove. Just melt the chocolate and “temper” it in the microwave and scatter the top with cacao nibs. Tempering is a process of cooling melted chocolate so that it sets up hard and shiny. It is normally tricky, but I have a great hack that makes it super easy OR you could use white chocolate or vanilla flavored almond bark. It takes just minutes to make and set up.
Perfect for a last minute gift. I sent some with my husband to give to his co workers yesterday. Because all I had were some leftover monster cookies and a half a batch of my red velvet fudge. Even with a newborn baby and a 2 year old I was able to make make it because it is just that quick and easy!
- 2 cups white chocolate chips OR vanilla almond bark/candy coating
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- /2 cups of the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat in 15 second increments until it is melted. Let cool slightly and stir the remaining white chocolate chips until they melt. (this is my tempering "hack." adding part of the chocolate later helps to cool it to the correct temperature so that it will set up.)
- Pour the melted white chocolate onto the baking sheet and working very quickly before it sets, spread it out evenly and sprinkle the cacao nibs on the top.
- Break or cut into pieces once it has cooled.