Gluten-free pumpkin granola with all the flavors of fall. Sweet, crunchy, a hint of cinnamon, sweetened with honey, and full of pumpkin. It makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
All right every body! It is time for #pumpkineverything ! It is all over facebook, pinterest, everywhere. I’ve been holding onto this recipe for gluten-free pumpkin granola for awhile now because I had to wait until it was almost fall so that it would be acceptable for me to jump on the pumpkin wagon.
I’m a sucker for homemade granola. When I was a little girl we always had homemade granola for breakfast. It just brings back so many good memories. I remember helping my mom measure the honey and oil, pouring it over the oats and stirring it until everything is all sweet and sticky. It is even better with pumpkin!
Just a hint of cinnamon, with the sweet honey and the crunchy oats and everything all enveloped in pumpkin. I also threw in some chia seeds, ground flax seeds, dried cranberries, and some pumpkin seeds. I had to add pumpkin seeds..because pumpkin! You can add different mix-ins if something else tickles your fancy. I love coconut in my granola!
This gluten-free pumkin granola is so easy to make, and sweet and crunchy. It is a recipe that you’ll make time and time again.
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup oil (coconut, vegetable, or your favorite)
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoons chia seed
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the oats, pumpkin seeds, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds and ground flax seed.
- In a large liquid measuring cup measure out the honey, oil, and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Pour over the oats and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread it evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the granola is slightly crisp, stirring at 15 minutes and then every 5-10 minutes after that to prevent it from burning.
- Let it cool and then stir in the dried cranberries.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature up to 2 weeks.