These no bake gluten free peanut butter cookies are a childhood favorite. The perfect recipe for when you don’t want to turn your oven on!
I love peanut butter, as I know many of you do.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats, parchment paper, or wax paper.
- In a small/medium saucepan combine the sugar, honey, milk, and butter and heat until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a boil, continue to let it bubble for another 3 minutes while stirring occasionally (Time it!)
- Add the peanut butter and continue to stir until it is completely melted in, another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and stir. Add the oats and stir until they are evenly coated.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets using a 1 or 1 ½ Tablespoon scoop.
- Let the cookies sit undisturbed until they set. If it is really hot you can speed the process up by popping the cookies in the fridge or freezer.
Make sure you use gluten free oats that are purity protocol. Many gluten free oats, even those that are certified, may not be safe for those with celiac.
To make dairy free, use 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or palm shortening, and use ¼ cup of dairy free milk (I used coconut milk beverage).
To make vegan make the dairy free substitutions and omit the honey.
To make peanut free use Sunflower Seed Butter instead.
To make chocolate fudge peanut butter no bake cookies add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder with the sugar and milk. Add an additional tablespoon of milk.
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1 gluten free no bake cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 7mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 3g