Soft gluten-free peanut butter cookies studded with white chocolate chips. Sweet, and cakey and loaded with peanut butter flavor.
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE cookies.
I’m also pretty good at making them, though that opinion may be a little biased. I have spent the entire last year buried in cookies.
(If you need a peanut-free cookie, try my Gluten Free Sunflower Seed Butter Blossom Cookies).
Over the course of just a few months I developed and tested more than 50 recipes for different cookies (and brownies and bars) for my cookbook, The Essential Gluten-Free Cookie Guide which has finally come out!
Saying that I’m excited is a bit of an understatement.
I feel like gluten-free cookies have consumed my life, but they’ve helped me to get through some of the hardest times of my life.
When I lost my baby last fall I dove head first into developing recipes, and it really helped me to cope.
What better way to distract/comfort yourself than by baking and eating dozens and dozens of cookies?! It didn’t really help my figure very much, but cookies are delish!
In my cookbook I share my favorite gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe. It has no flour, making it easy for even a novice gluten-free baker to replicate and is super peanut-buttery and rich.
I still love that recipe, it really is a favorite, but I was in the mood for something a little different this week. I wanted a really soft cookie. A cakey-er cookie. A cookie that wasn’t quite as rich.
So I made these. Full of great peanut butter flavor, but softer and not quite as rich. I love the way the white chocolate chips enhances the peanut butter.
In a way, I feel like it makes the cookies more peanut-buttery. You could use semisweet or milk chocolate chips instead, if you want to go for the classic PB & C combo.
However you dress them up, they are yummy!
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 6 oz brown sugar (3/4 cup firmly packed)
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8.25 oz (approx 1½ cups) my gluten-free rice flour blend
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line your baking sheets with silicone baking liners or parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the salt, xanthan gum, baking soda, and my gluten-free rice flour blend. Stir until combined.
- Add ½ cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop. Place the cookies 2-3 inches apart (I did 8 to a sheet.)
- Bake for approx 8 minutes, the cookies will still be very soft but will have lost their doughy shine. They will set up more as they cool.
- Immediately press a few more white chocolate chips into the top of each cookie while they are still soft.