Photos updated 6/15
Not to get sentimental or anything but about year ago I went into labor and my daughter was born.
This weekend she will turn 1. I almost can’t believe I’ve been a parent this long. It has been a really fun year. We have had ups and downs but overall it is been a good learning and growing year for our whole family.
So to celebrate me still being sane after a year of parenthood, and to celebrate E’s 1st birthday, I wanted to share this amazing no-churn cake batter ice cream.
Before going gluten-free one of my favorite ice cream flavors was cake batter. I loved it and would choose it about half of the time that I went to my favorite ice cream shop. The problem is that it contains wheat and gluten, as does every other cake batter ice cream I’ve found. But don’t worry, now there is a cake batter ice cream that you can enjoy!
I love this recipe because I don’t have an ice cream machine, but I can still make it. It takes just a few minutes to whip it together and then you just have to toss it in the freezer for a few hours.
The ice cream is so creamy, it will blow your mind!
Be sure to use my gluten-free cookie/cake rice flour blend, or another gluten-free flour blend that tastes good. Because this recipe isn’t baked you need to make sure that the flour you are using tastes good raw. You don’t want garbanzo bean flavored cake batter ice cream do you? I have testing this recipe using more flour, and less flour, but I think that 1/2 a cup is just perfect. It tastes just like cake batter! If you like you can add a little less or a little more (1/4 cup to 3/4 cup) with awesome results.
(Miss E is a lot bigger now, and she LOVES ice cream. She and my sister were very excited to be my “models”. Ice cream is meant to be enjoyed!)
So creamy, and with a frosting swirl and sprinkles! You don’t need fudge sauce or other toppings to dress up this ice cream, it is perfect just the way it is.
Creamy No-Churn Gluten-Free Birthday Cake Batter Funfetti Ice Cream, complete with a sweet buttercream frosting swirl and a healthy serving of sprinkles. Just like your favorite creamery cake batter ice cream, but better because it is gluten-free!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1, 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup my gluten-free cake and cookie rice flour blend (or any other rice flour blend that has a neutral taste, NO BEAN FLOURS)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups american buttercream frosting
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmies sprinkles
- Whip the whipping cream to soft peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, rice flour blend, vanilla, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the sprinkles, and stir until they are evenly distributed. Add the frosting and stir it 2-3 turns by hand, to just marble the frosting in.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze a minimum of 8 hours.
- Serve with more sprinkles, because SPRINKLES!
Serving Size1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 867Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 139mgSodium 266mgCarbohydrates 106gFiber 1gSugar 83gProtein 9g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.
For your reference, my American Butter Cream Recipe and my gluten-free rice flour blend