These 10 Minute Gluten Free Enchiladas are my go-to when I need to get dinner on the table quickly. Made in the microwave, they are ready in just minutes.
You are hungry, there is a toddler hanging on to your leg and crying, the rest of the family is cranky, and it is dinner-time.
We’ve all been there, super short on time but somehow we still have to pull out a delicious and healthy meal for our family.
When that is where I am, I love making these enchiladas.
If you have some bottled or canned gluten-free enchilada sauce on hand it really only takes 10 minutes to make this dish.
If you are making your own enchilada sauce it will take an extra 5-10 minutes, depending on how many times aforementioned toddler interrupts you.
I try to always have the ingredients for these enchiladas on hand (some already cooked chicken in the fridge or freezer, enchilada sauce or at least the ingredients to make it, and some cheese.)
You can also try layering these enchiladas lasagna style if that is easier for you.
Basically all you have to do is throw everything in a glass baking dish (preferably in an organized fashion) and toss it in the microwave until it is all hot and bubbly.
Not to mention, these are delicious, my husband loves them, and my family is always excited when I make them for dinner.
MOM to the RESCUE!
Tips and Tricks:
- If you use a canned or bottled sauce make sure that it is gluten-free, many are thickened with wheat flour. You can also make your own, using your own recipe or mine, or even use salsa.
- Next time you have leftover cooked chicken shred or chop some up and pop it in the freezer, all ready for your next rushed family dinner. You could also fill with beans or whatever meat you love and have on hand (shredded beef, ground beef, pulled pork, etc.)
- Feel free to add some cilantro if you have it on hand. I love cilantro and about half the time I have some laying around, which is why I threw it in these bubbly enchiladas.
Watch me make these 10 Minute Gluten Free Enchiladas on Facebook LIVE:
If you need other quick and easy gluten free dinners, check out these 30 minute gluten free meals collected by my friend, Kristen.
Let’s make dinner!
10 Minute Gluten Free Enchiladas | Made in the microwave, they are my go-to easy and quick gluten free dinner recipe. On the table in ten minutes and naturally gluten free.
- I (15 oz) can gluten free enchilada sauce or 1 recipe of my gluten free enchilada sauce 12 gluten free corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup cheese, shredded ( cheddar, Monterey jack, Colby, etc.)
- (optional, cilantro, beans, corn, or any of your other favorite fillings)
- Wrap your gluten free corn tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to heat them up so they are flexible.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the bottom of a microwave safe rectangle casserole dish.
- Mix the chicken with any desired filling ingredients and about 1 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Dip each tortilla in the remaining enchilada sauce. Fill each tortilla with 2 1/2-3 Tablespoons of filling, and roll. Place in the pan, seam side down, and repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spread any remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, the sauce is bubbly, and the enchiladas are heated through.
For the Enchilada Sauce
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons gum-free gluten-free rice flour blend, (I used my blend )
1/4 cup red chile powder (or chili powder)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt, to taste
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups water
For the Enchilada Sauce
In a saucepan mix together all the spices, the flour, and the oil. Heat while whisking until fragrant about 3-5 minutes (you want the floury taste to cook out also.)
While whisking add the chicken broth and water and whisk until smooth. Heat until the sauce comes to a boil, and then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 288 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 350mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 18g
Easy and quick gluten free enchilada sauce made with pantry staples.
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons gum-free gluten-free rice flour blend, (I used my blend )
- 1/4 cup red chile powder (or chili powder)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a saucepan mix together all the spices, the flour, and the oil. Heat while whisking until fragrant about 3-5 minutes (you want the floury taste to cook out also.)
- While whisking add the chicken broth and water and whisk until smooth. Heat until the sauce comes to a boil, and then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 100 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g