Sweet and crunchy gluten free oatmeal cookie granola. Inspired by one of my favorite cookie combos, oatmeal and dried cranberries with toasted pecans, crisp rice cereal, and just a hint of cinnamon all coated in the natural sweetness of honey.
I've always been a fan of granola, that isn't any secret. It was one of our go-to breakfasts when I was a kid (as was gluten free waffles). I love trying new flavor combos.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Granola
Sweet, crunchy, and with all the flavors of one of my favorite cookies. I was tempted to add some white chocolate chips in too, then it'd be just like my favorite cookies, but I decided it was still breakfast so maybe I should hold off on adding extra sweetness.
Making oatmeal cookie granola is super easy! It really is just a mix and dump recipe. Mix together all of the granola ingredients, drizzle the honey and oil over the top, mix, and then bake until it is just slightly crisp.
I love the extra crunch that you get from using crisp rice cereal in the granola. Make sure that if you use a cereal that it is gluten-free, not all of them are. You could also use puffed rice, or puffed millet, or even just an extra cup of rolled oats.
I've always been a huge fan of milk in my granola. That is how I always ate it when I was growing up so there is a bit of nostalgia in a bowl of icy cold milk with crunchy granola floating in it. I love yogurt too, but sometimes I just want milk!
I've added even more gluten free granola recipes over the years. If you like this gluten free oatmeal cookie granola I think my gluten free gingerbread granola will be right up your alley!
If you are looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe, I think you'll like these super allergy-friendly Vegan Oatmeal Cookies my friend Lindsey from Veggie Balance made. They are gluten-free too, of course.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free crisp rice cereal
- 2-3 tablespoons ground flax seed or chia seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil (coconut, vegetable, etc.)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix together the oats, cereal, seeds, pecans and cinnamon. pour the honey and oil over the top and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark and every 5-10 minutes after that. It is ready when the granola is crisp and starting to turn barely golden around the edges.
- Let cool and then add the cranberries.
- Store up to 2 weeks in a covered container at room temperature.
Can easily be doubled for a larger batch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 403Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 29gProtein 5g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.