Sweet and crunchy gluten free oatmeal cookie granola. Inspired by one of my favorite cookie combos, oatmeal and dried cranberries with toasted pecans, crisp rice cereal, and just a hint of cinnamon all coated in the natural sweetness of honey.
I've always been a fan of granola, that isn't any secret. It was one of our go-to breakfasts when I was a kid (as was gluten free waffles). I love trying new flavor combos.
So far I've shared gluten free salted caramel granola and gluten free pumpkin granola here on Flippin' Delicious. Now I'm adding this gluten free Oatmeal Cookie Granola to the mix.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Granola
Sweet, crunchy, and with all the flavors of one of my favorite cookies. I was tempted to add some white chocolate chips in too, then it'd be just like my favorite cookies, but I decided it was still breakfast so maybe I should hold off on adding extra sweetness.
Making oatmeal cookie granola is super easy! It really is just a mix and dump recipe. Mix together all of the granola ingredients, drizzle the honey and oil over the top, mix, and then bake until it is just slightly crisp.
I love the extra crunch that you get from using crisp rice cereal in the granola. Make sure that if you use a cereal that it is gluten-free, not all of them are. You could also use puffed rice, or puffed millet, or even just an extra cup of rolled oats.
I've always been a huge fan of milk in my granola. That is how I always ate it when I was growing up so there is a bit of nostalgia in a bowl of icy cold milk with crunchy granola floating in it. I love yogurt too, but sometimes I just want milk!
I've added even more gluten free granola recipes over the years. If you like this gluten free oatmeal cookie granola I think my gluten free gingerbread granola will be right up your alley!
If you are looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe, I think you'll like these super allergy-friendly Vegan Oatmeal Cookies my friend Lindsey from Veggie Balance made. They are gluten-free too, of course.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookie Granola
Sweet and crunchy oatmeal cookie granola. Inspired by one of my favorite cookie combos, oatmeal and dried cranberries with toasted pecans, crisp rice cereal, and just a hint of cinnamon all coated in the natural sweetness of honey.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free crisp rice cereal
- 2-3 tablespoons ground flax seed or chia seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil (coconut, vegetable, etc.)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix together the oats, cereal, seeds, pecans and cinnamon. pour the honey and oil over the top and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark and every 5-10 minutes after that. It is ready when the granola is crisp and starting to turn barely golden around the edges.
- Let cool and then add the cranberries.
- Store up to 2 weeks in a covered container at room temperature.
Can easily be doubled for a larger batch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 403Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 29gProtein 5g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.