Gluten-free Chicken Taco Pasta is super easy to make, and the whole family will love it. One pot means not many dishes to clean when you are finished, and it is a cinch to throw together.
I'm always looking for quick and easy dinners. And I'm always running out of ideas. So I always keep looking.
I've seen lots of ideas for one-pot dinners. It is such a genius concept, you toss everything in and let is simmer together. All the flavors meld together, the pasta soaks up all of the flavors and juices.
I guess it is similar in concept to slow-cooker meals. But you don't have to plan ahead!
My family absolutely loved this Chicken Taco Pasta. All of our favorite taco flavors all cooked together and topped with cheese, sour cream, and avocado. Miss E ate her whole bowl. I think she even ate a few pieces of chicken which is a huge victory! It seems like I can't get any meat into her little body other than hot dogs. Mom win!
- 1 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 15 oz cans black beans
- 1 lb short gluten-free pasta
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil into the pan, add the chicken, and sear the chicken pieces. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, Simmer for approx 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, and a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 454Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 53mgSodium 669mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 16gSugar 9gProtein 29g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.
Linked up at Allergy Free Wednesday, and Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Linked up at Foodie Friends Friday