Gluten Free Cookie Dough Pie (dairy free too) with a crisp graham cracker-style crust filled with gluten free edible cookie dough and topped with chocolate.
This post is sponsored by Schar. As always, all opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting Flippin’ Delicious and the companies I work with.
Happy PI DAY! Because March 14th matches the first 3 digits of PI (3.14), it has become a holiday for foodies and nerds alike.
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Pie
This year I am celebrating with a gluten free cookie dough pie! Edible cookie dough has been a hot trend in the foodie world, with shops in big cities like New York serving it by the scoop like ice cream. I feel that I am an original edible cookie dough fan, I was into it before it was hot. (If you ever want to just eat cookie dough, give my gluten free edible cookie dough recipe a try.)
Not only is this pie filled with edible cookie dough, it is also dairy free and vegan friendly! (Of course, you can easily make it dairy-full. My daughter is sensitive to dairy so I made this cookie dough pie dairy free so that she could eat it too.)
The filling is oh-so-creamy and tastes just like cookie dough! The graham-style crust stays crisp, and the chocolate on top just brings this pie to the next level.
As a teen, I was never was a big math geek but one thing I did get was Pi. Archimedes was a pretty cool guy. Maybe it was because he ran through the streets screaming “Eureka” in his birthday suit, but I’ve always remembered him.
Also, PI sounds like PIE and that is something I can definitely get behind.
I like to celebrate each year with some kind of pie. One year I shared my family’s favorite gluten-free peanut butter pie, and another year I made a gluten free dairy free coconut cream pie. This year’s pie take the cake! (LOL, I can be punny sometimes.)
If you are a chocolate fan, you’ll probably love my friend Michelle’s Gluten Free Fudge Pie Recipe. I think it will be on my baking list for PI day 2019!
Schar’s Honeygrams make a fabulous crust for this gluten free cookie dough pie. All I did was melt some vegan butter in my pie plate, then mix in a crushed package of Honeygrams. The texture was perfect!
Honeygrams are also great for snacking on with a glass of your favorite milk, or my childhood favorite- two Honeygrams with leftover frosting spread between them.
(If you want to make S’mores, grab the Chocolate Honeygrams. Each cracker already has chocolate on the bottom, making them perfect for camping.)
I filled my crust with gluten-free edible cookie dough folded with some whipped topping to make it silky smooth. One tip I recently learned is to bake your flour before making edible cookie dough. This helps it to lose any starchy taste and the results are well worth the extra 15 minutes.
Aside from cooking the flour (which is optional) this gluten free cookie dough pie is no bake!
If you want some more cookie dough filled treats in your life, try my gluten free cookie dough brownie truffles, gluten free cookie dough brownies, gluten free cookie dough brownie ice cream, or gluten free cookie dough ice cream sandwiches.
Let’s make it!
For the Honeygram Crust
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 package Honeygrams, crushed
For the Dairy Free Gluten Free Cookie Dough Pie Filling
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, preferably a rice-based blend that is gum-free
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free whipped topping
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
For the Honeygrams Crust
- In a 9 inch microwave safe pie plate, melt the vegan butter. Mix in the crushed Honeygrams and gently press up the sides and on the bottom of the pie plate. Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
For the Dairy Free Gluten Free Cookie Dough Pie FIlling
- (Optional) preheat the oven to 350°F and place the gluten free flour in a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer, or in a medium bowl with electric beaters, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the cooled flour and salt and mix until combined. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the dairy-free whipped topping a third at a time.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours (or 1-2 hours in the freezer).
For the Chocolate Ganache
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and vegan butter by heating in 30-second increments. Cool to rooom temperature, and spread on the pie just before serving.
Serving Size:1 slice of gluten free cookie dough pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 554 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 265mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 41g Protein: 4g