Gluten Free Blossom Cookies with Sunflower Seed Butter are my flourless, peanut-free version of the classic kiss cookies, without peanut butter!
Gluten Free Blossom Cookies with Sunflower Seed Butter- Peanut Free
This post was not sponsored by SunButter, however I did use some SunButter that they sent to me when I was one of their ambassadors last year.
I’ve always loved peanut butter blossom cookies! I’m a sucker for peanut butter cookies, especially when some chocolate is involved.
I mean, Reese’s are my favorite candy of all time.
In addition to being from a family of celiacs, I have a sister with an anaphylactic peanut allergy. In an effort to keep her safe, we switched to sunflower seed butter in our home.
These gluten free blossom cookies without peanut butter took a few tries to get right. I first made them before Christmas (because they are a great Christmas cookie!) and they were a mega fail.
The problem was that I added too much baking soda and too much egg. I had thin crispy pancakes with a kiss standing in the middle.
Not what I was going for, but still tasty.
Life got busy, and I had a half a bag of kisses sitting on my counter for more than a month.
When the kids had a day off of school, we made another peanut-free blossom kiss cookie attempt. This time, they were a huge win!
The perfect crisp edges, and chewy center.
A few tricks to perfect Flourless Sunflower Seed Blossom Cookies:
- I used creamy SunButter. I’ve found that these cookies don’t work as well with the all-natural or Organic SunButter because the oils tend to seep out.
- If your family is dairy free, use Enjoy Life Foods Choco Boom Bars or Mini Chocolates instead of the kisses. The cookie dough is naturally dairy free, the only dairy is in the kisses. Since my daughter is sensitive to dairy I made a few cookies topped with chocolates that were safe for her. She ate them before I could grab a picture!
Make my flourless Sunflower Seed Butter Blossom Cookies!
- 1 cup creamy sunflower seed butter (I used Creamy SunButter)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 24 Kisses or dairy free chocolate candies, to top
- Preheat the oven to 350°f. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sunflower seed butter, vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop. Roll each scoop into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet, at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies lose their doughy shine. They will still be soft.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a kiss or chocolate candy on top of each cookie.
- I think I got about 24 cookies. The kids ate them quick so it was hard to count!
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 18mgSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 3g
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.