Naturally Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings with garlic have a mild flavor that everyone can enjoy. Perfect for the Big Game!
Ever since making Gluten Free Bang Bang Shrimp I have been looking for other ways to use sweet chili sauce.
I know, I say "chili sauce" and you think spicy. That is not the case at all! Sweet chili sauce has a subtle chili flavor with a lot more "sweet" than "heat." This makes it the perfect (super easy) base for these gluten free Asian sweet chili wings. The sauce had a great sweetness, with a hint of garlic (because I love garlic.)
These wings are all flavor, and no heat which is great for those who don't like spicy food. These are wings that you can feed your kids or picky friends! If you love the heat (I know I do) just add a little cayenne or a couple dashes of hot sauce to bring it to the heat level that is perfect for you.
These gluten free Asian sweet chili wings are the perfect appetizer for the big game because young and old alike can enjoy them!
I am very excited to be joining the #SundaySupper team. I have been following the Sunday Supper movement for awhile now, but this is my first time joining in on the fun.
Sunday Supper is all about gathering your family together on Sundays and enjoying a meal together.
Many families don't eat together during the week because of various commitments, like work, sports, dance, or other after school activities.
I know growing up we had dinner together as a family most nights, but every Sunday we ate together. There were no other commitments, or places to go. It was family time! We had many a family discussion around the dinner table on Sunday afternoons.
Sunday Supper isn't a tradition that should disappear as time goes on. Make the commitment that no matter how crazy the week is, everyone enjoys gathering around the dinner table on Sunday afternoon.
With the Big Game next week, there will be lots of family and friends on Sunday afternoon. Enjoying food, each other, funny commercials... oh yeah, and football. It might be more like "Sunday game food" than supper, but the concept it the same. Spending time with the people you love.
I am having a hard time narrowing down my menu for the Big Game. Which would you choose? Gluten Free Bang Bang Shrimp? Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread (AKA Crack Bread)? Cheese Crisp Tacos with fruit salsa? Go sweeter with Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Orange Zest Icing? Or these Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings?
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons butter (I used Melt or Earth Balance to keep it dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- Optional, pinch of cayenne pepper or couple dashes of hot sauce to bring the heat
- Fry your chicken wings, 3-5 at a time in several inches of oil heated to 350F. It takes approx 7-12 minutes for them to be cooked through and have golden brown skin. I used my dutch oven with a thermometer, but you can use a deep fryer if you have one. Move the wings to drain on a plate lined with paper towels while you fry the next batch.
- Place the butter and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and heat until the butter is melted (approx 30 seconds.)
- Mix the sweet chili sauce with the butter and garlic. Taste and add cayenne or hot sauce as desired to make the wing sauce as spicy as you like it.
- Toss the wings in the sauce just before serving.
I like to fry my chicken wings. I find that frying ensures a crispy skin with moist meat. There is no breading, and the chicken doesn't absorb excess oil.
If you prefer to not fry your chicken, bake them or cook them your favorite way, and then toss them in the sauce.
Double check your sweet chili sauce and/or hot sauce to make sure it is gluten free, if that is a concern.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 651Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 330mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 54g
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.